Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Nightmares Continue.

Last night I dreamt that my mom, brother and I were driving along a sea cliff, similar to the road near the blowhole and sea life park in Hawaii, except the drop in my dream was miles above the sea and straight down. My brother was driving, my mom riding shotgun, and I'm in the back, looking out at the view. Then, we take a sharp curve, and instead of rounding the bend, we shoot off the road and start plummeting.

The interesting thing about this is that I was only afraid for the seconds before we actually crashed through the aluminum barrier and started to fall. Any time after this moment, in my eyes, was unchangeable. Although we hadn't died yet and although we hadn't crashed into the water, I instantly understood my ultimate fate and reasoned that it would be pointless to fear.

Because the drop was humungous, I had a lot of time to tell my family that I loved them. Then, in a very Italian way, I kissed my mom on the lips and then I kissed my brother on the lips and rolled my window down. Although it would be nearly impossible to survive such a long drop, I still remembered that it was easier to escape from a submerged vehicle if the windows were down, as it equalized pressure from inside and outside the car, enabling you to open the door and swim free.

I also hear you're always supposed to wake up before you hit the bottom in a falling dream, but once again, I continued to dream and witness as our car smashed into the surface of the water. Something similar between this dream and the elevator dream I had the night before, was that right after impact, I omnisciently knew that everyone had survived. I was bashed up, just like I was in the elevator, but I was alive. In both dreams, I woke up before we were rescued, and I can't say if we survived past that point to continue with our regular lives.

I have no idea what this means really, and I have to say that the consistency of nightmares are beginning to worry me. Is there a deeper meaning to falling in your dreams?

No comments: