Thursday, October 16, 2008

53. Have a meal with an old friend.

The statement "old friend," could go both ways, and although she is technically "older," she is also the other half of the longest friendship I've ever had. Bonus points, Kristine.

Friends since first grade, walking buddy, spelling bee companion, barbie doll playmate, Kristine and I have seen it all. Although high school instigated a minor falling apart, we have since reconnected in places like New Hope, APDM 101, and Forever 21. Tonight, however, with the realization that we were both leaving Hawaii for the much bigger and the presumably better, we made a dinner date to catch up on all times past.

JJ's Bistro, a French Laoation Fusion delicatessen with pot pies that are to die for, served as a meeting point for two long lost best friends. Girl talk consumed the night while we consumed the finest pastries known to man. After much deliberation, I settled on a Chocolate Frou Frou, creme brule and half of a mini chocolate mousse pyramid, a dessert so rich that half will always be more than enough. Kristine opted for a delicately built lilikoi chocolate dish with cream so light and delicious that it would be easier to believe you were eating the board game atmosphere of Queen Frostine's corner of Candyland.

Stuffed, satiated and well caught up, we crossed off no. 53, gladly.

2 comments:

Kristine said...

nicely put. i've been trying to work on my list, but i only have 13 things so far. if i succeed in making it to 101, that will give you one more thing to cross off YOUR list. :)

Unknown said...

Did I create 6 of your 13 goals? I'm so glad I could inspire you to start something like this, it'll be so beneficial to you, I know it. I'm sorry we couldn't hang out one more time before I left, but I'll always be back and maybe even in LA. Let me know when you finish your list or even if you need some help! Have you seen mine? http://thenickelpennymission.blogspot.com/

We can work on it together!!