Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The First Unique Addition

It's been over a fortnight since I decided to revive my 101 goals, and yet, my blog has already fallen to the wayside. The major problem right now is that I don't know where I'll be in a few years. Heck, there's a gaping black void in the part of my brain that processes forethought, and after I graduate next Spring, I will be stepping straight into it. I'll be sucked by sheer force of vacuum into despairing nothingness unless I scheme up some sort of rudimentary projection of the future.

And here I am, trying to impose a list of 101 things to accomplish in between now and the two years that follow the void. This is wild stuff.

So perhaps the most practical thing to do is start with the basics, a foundation if you will. Regardless of where I am or what I'm doing, there will always be need for certain goals. Here are some big ones.

1. Move out of my parents' house.

Now listen, I've done this before and I won't be ashamed to say that I've also undid this before. During my freshmen year of college, I pooled all my graduation money into providing for myself while I lived in the dorms on-campus. Some may say this was only a partial move-out being that I went home every weekend to do my laundry, but the transition made may mom cry and by that accord, it counts. I moved home a year later.

Then there were a series of moves, from Portland, Oregon and back to South Korea and back to Germany and Italy and back as well. Some of these I knew would be long-term temporary, but I will say that Portland was intended to be forever. The next move that I plan to do, well, I want to it to represent a true foray into an entirely independent future. I'm old, I'll have a degree, it'll be high time that I struggle properly like the rest of my post-grad peers.

And with that, I have begun my list of 101 Things in 1001 Days - Generation II

No comments: