Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The American Presidential Election from Germany

I'm the person I shake my head at. Shame on you, girl, for not being apart of this election. I've been voting from before my votes were legal, waking up early in my over sized Sanrio t-shirts to stamp out my opinion during kids voting day (or whatever). But here I am, in the most important election of my entire five years of voting history, capping out as a mere registered voter. I simply had to fly off to Germany two weeks before election day and one day too late to cast an absentee ballot. I'm an invalid, a non participant, a BYSTANDER. Oh geez, the shame.

So as America votes, I will be sleeping, left to the fate of waking up to old news. My entire country will have a new president before I'm capable of being aware of it. I won't get that joy of following along with NBC and being up to date with electoral drama. Listen, if I don't hear about how Florida's messing it up for everyone then I am just going to have to subscribe to another country. I need the dish on butterfly ballots and malfunctioning equiptment on a live feed, I accept no substitutes.

So, for those of you who have the privlege of voting: vote. There are actually those out there who wish they could, but can't. If you're registered, hop to it. I'll see a new America in the morning.

No comments: